State of the Airlines

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

NEWS: Airbus A380 Delays

BBC NEWS | Business | Airbus jet delay costs 'millions'
The twelve readers who looked at my blog all know that I have been openly critical of the A380 on more than one occasion. I'll admit that I never expected the test flight to occur on schedule and yes...I was wrong about that. But fear not, oh single remaining reader. You see, flight testing has commenced on the A380 after which the scheduled delivery date to the launch customer was seen screaming over the horizon never to be heard from again. Ands its a spendy delay at that
Current news puts the delivery date about 4-6 months behind schedule which is putting a pinch on some big players like Qantas, Singapore Airlines and Malaysia Airlines. While no specifics are available the costs to Airbus are likely in the millions.

Labels: ,