State of the Airlines

Friday, October 13, 2006

An Ominous Start to Vacation?

Well it took all of about two seconds to have our first vacation miscue courtesy of Orbitz. See I used Orbitz to book the tickets and did my seat selections via Orbitz as well, seats 5A through 5D...perfect. WRONG!

I attempted to use Frontier's website to get boarding passes to no avail. So I called...turns out Frontier does not release rows 1-7 and exit rows for seat selection until the day of departure. Thus my row 5 seat selections via Orbitz were rejected. Did Orbitz let me know this...nnnnnnnnooooooo. LOSER!...MOVE ON!

Get your crap together Orbitz, if your going to offer seat selection it should play by the rules the airlines have in place. If it fails you should notify the person who just dropped a chunk of change via you website. If you simply cant make it work accurately then don't offer it. Seat selection is kind of a big deal to those of us travelling with kids.

For Frontier's part I got the impression early on in my conversation with the representative that she annoyed that I had the nerve to mention Orbitz. "I'm sorry sir, I have no idea how Orbitz works" "You could try to call back later to see if you can get your seat selections". I know that doesn't read too bad but trust me...it was delivered with some snap.

I've sent an email to Orbitz, I'll report back on their response.

Labels: , , ,