State of the Airlines

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

NEWS: Delta Fares are...Still Here.

Two bits floating around the news that caught my eye here. First, there seems to be a mild amount of surprise that Delta Airlines is not making a wholesale retreat from its fare restructuring plan (I'll say it again, this is NOT a simple "fare war"). I'm sure they will have to adjust some of their plans but overall I believe Delta is willing to play out their full plan here. Why I'm saying that leads me to the other thing I noticed. See I kinda cheated because Delta's fearless lord and leader has been surprisingly forthright with the press on the fact that he is sure they have made some mistakes in their initial implementation . Not irrepairable mistakes, but mistakes that they will adjust for and move on. Seems right to me. Game still on!