State of the Airlines

Friday, April 22, 2005

NEWS: United Airlines Gets More Exclusivity...Time that is

Back on April 11 I posted that United Airlines was asking the bankruptcy court to extend their deadline for developing a re-org plan without fear of a competing plan being presented...its called the exclusivity period. Today the bankruptcy court has once again agreed to extend this period. I say once again because a quick Google pops up news from June 2004 regarding exclusivity extensions and its already been done once this year...and that's what I could find without trying much. Need I remind you dear reader (all 14 of you) that United has been in bankruptcy since 2002? How many chances do they get?

I just want to know how long the bankruptcy court is going to keep granting extensions...when is it enough? I'd bet the story would be a hell of a lot different if United did not get the extension...my bet is a competing bid would be on the courts doorstep the day exclusivity expired.

But mostly I want this to stop so that I can quite typing "exclusivity"