State of the Airlines

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

NEWS: The Airline Salary Conundrum

The Wall Street Journal recently published an article on airline executive salaries that I would really love to link you to but unfortunately it requires a paid subscription. So here's the gist of it. Being a successful airline has never been easy and its even tougher now. Thus, the airlines need to attract the best and brightest management people available and retain the best people they already have. How do you do that...you guessed it...money baby! But wait, these are the same airlines that are asking the labor unions and employees for big pay cuts. What's an airline to do? Yeah, I don't know either but I'm sure it involves some very creative compensation packages. On a final note...this marks my first post using the word "conundrum"...I couldn't be more proud.