State of the Airlines

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Not Taking "The Path to 9/11"

Just a note on ABC's decision to create "The Path to 9/11". First my disclaimer, I did not watch it. I refused to watch it based on early info that the show was, at best, a dramatization based on the events of that day. Reviews of the show the day after bear me out.

Simply put ABC should have never put out a dramatization for "entertainment" (ie profit) that has anything to do with a national tragedy the magnitude of 9/11. It dilutes the importance of the event, it smears fact with fiction, it belittles those who lost so much that day. As I understand it their portrayal of American Airlines employees was particularly irresponsible. No amount of disclaimers on the part of ABC to call this a "dramatization" is acceptable. It is shameful for a national media outlet to even consider putting this show together. ABC...stop...engage brain...then act.


Digg!

Labels: , ,